MOT Testing South Molton
TGB Automotive offer full service MOT tests, with a complementary retest within ten days in the event of your car failing the MOT.
We have an onsite MOT test centre and offer class 4-7 MOTs. Our technicians are honest and provide a professional and efficient service at competitive prices. To book an MOT in South Molton, call us now on 01769 574837 or visit our garage.
MOTs are a legal requirement for vehicles older than three years. The test checks your vehicle meets road safety and environmental impact, ensuring it is safe for you and other users to use.
What Does An MOT Test Include?
MOT tests are in line with DVLA safety regulations and check a number of components. It is to be noted that just because your car has a valid MOT certificate, it may not be road worthy.
For example, your car tyres can wear down to past the point of legal limit between yearly MOT tests.
An MOT test includes, but is not limited to, the following checks:
- Brakes and brake pads – to determine legal stopping distance
- Battery & Electric Wring – ensuring all lights have power and safety warnings, amongst other reasons
- Registration plates – this must be visible and free of excessive dirt or mud. Certain fonts, colours are illegal and can cause your car to fail
- Horn function – we test your car horn to determine you can still warn road users in an emergency
- Doors, Boots & Bonnet – all moving parts work efficiently and safely, free of rust and with acceptable sealants
- Condition of bodywork – the body work is generally rust free and free of damage to safety functionality
- Entire exhaust system – your exhaust system is checked for rust and general safety
- Emissions levels – checking your cars emissions levels are within the legal limit
- Fuel systems – fuel safely travels through your car and doesn’t leak
- Mirrors – free of cracks and damage
- Seat belt and seats – seat belts are checked as part of yours and any passengers safety in the event of a collision
- Suspension – all components of the suspension are working correctly, safely and free of corrosion
- Steering rack – checked for rust and strength
- Wheel and tyres – legal tread remaining and overall wheel strength
- Windscreen – largely free of cracks and chips which impair visibility
- Window wipers – efficiently remove rain water and cleaning solution from your windscreen
- Window washers – ensure water doesn’t leak and has sufficient levels
If you are concerned that your car may fail the test, then why not ask us about our MOT preparation services? We can offer advice on the work that needs to be done so that your car passes the test the first time. We can also offer free quotations so you can be sure the repairs will be worth it.
What if My Vehicle Fails the MOT?
If your vehicle fails the MOT, we can offer free retesting within 10 days from the test. Our fully trained technicians strive to offer the best services at the best prices, and we can recommend affordable vehicle repairs so that your car passes on the retest. During the MOT, we will never complete any work without your prior consent, and our team will keep you updated if your car needs work to pass the test.